The best car dealers in Texas provide you with unlimited options of unique car seats that you’re looking for. You can come across car seats available in varied seat colors and at distinct prices. Car experts drive home the significance of educating you about the car seat details which will aid in keeping the passengers safe and sound. When you buy a used car you may not be aware of car seat safety which can put your children at risk. That’s the reason it is essential to enhance IQ of your car seat. Whether as a parent, a nanny or a babysitter, you should ensure to utilize an accurately installed, age-suitable car seat which offers absolute protection if any accident occurs by chance!
If you are curious about your child’s safety, you can get to know that your car seat is the most vital part you need to focus on.
Are you familiar with the 4 Stages of Car Seat Safety?
- Rear Facing: Rear facing offers the best protection for a developing spine of a young growing child from a minimum age of 2 to ideal age of 4.
- Forward Facing: When a child outgrows his/her rear facing convertible seat and is 2-years of age, you can move to a forward facing seat with a 5-point harness.
- Booster: When a child crosses over their 5-point harness and is of 5-year old, and is also grown-up to know how to sit properly, you can move towards a belt positioning booster.
- Seat Belt: When your child reaches 10 years of age and can easily pass the 5-seat test, you can move them to a seat belt alone.
Most Important Part of your Car Seat astonishes you
Go through the lesser known car issues and tips here on the best-used practices which would help your child sit safely.
- i) Tether should be present on the mind of parents: While selecting your preferred car from best car dealers in Texas , parents should consider having a tether which is a major part of the car seat that is hardly discussed. Tether is known as a strap which can fasten the child seat against your car’s seat back. Although a small strap, tether helps in keeping the baby safe while they are sitting in the car. Tethering also prevents the baby’s seat from moving ahead or side-to-side when you’re driving or during a crash. When the top tether is used, it can lessen the head movement by 4 to 6 inches.
- ii) Car seats have an expiring date: You might have missed noticing from close, but a sticker is there on the car seat which conveys you for how long the seat item is proper for utilization. When the seat is coming nearer to expiry, the plastic gradually erodes over the passing years and it may land you with no longer safeness. Even after few days, its replacement parts aren’t accessible in the market. So you won’t be able to maintain your older seat also. If your current shelf is deteriorating its life, then it’s the right time to explore the range of fresh choices of car seats from the best car dealership in Texas. Huge upgrading in technology, as well as testing practices, signify that the recent crop of car seats may be effortless to utilize and even much safer than your old models. If no date is available on your car seat, it’s better to discontinue utilizing it 5 years after its manufacturing date.
iii) Buckling the harness straps of a child properly: When you buy a used car, parents should tighten the harness straps of their child, instead of keeping it loose, not in the right location and chest clip placed too low. Loose harness straps can cause danger to the child where they can face injury if the car takes a brake suddenly or any accident occurs because of other vehicle coming in front and the parent is unable to control the car. One must remember that where the car seat must be suitable for the weight and height of the child, and its’ seat should be installed correctly, ensure that the child should also be buckled tightly.
Hence, the parents and caregivers should be very particular about the proper installation of a car seat and its usage in their car which they’ve purchased from best-used car dealerships in Texas.